Golden Omega is committed with the following sustainable management principles:
Innovation management approach and culture
Our value proposal relies in the development and implementation of effective technology innovations in the world of Omega 3 fatty acids.
Efficient and environmentally friendly operations
- We maintain an ongoing, long term commitment to environmental protection and the
sustainable management of resources. This includes actions that exceed compliance with current regulations, as well as active cooperation with national authorities and organizations.
- Golden Omega has complete traceability of our raw material (fish oil). Each of our raw material suppliers are certified by IFFO RS and Friend of the Seas certification programs as responsible in their source and production activities. Golden Omega is part of the Chain of Custody of Friend of the Seas certification.
- Golden Omega has been performing an Environmental Monitoring Program since 2011 to
ensure that its operation doesn’t leave any footprint into the sea.
- There is no oil waste in our production process: oil fractions that are not transformed into a
finished good are sold as by-products for use into different industrial applications. We promote
R&D activities to add even more value to our by-products
- 100% of the electric energy used in our operations is supplied from renewable power sources (hydraulic, solar and wind).
The primary driving force of Golden Omega is their employees, it maintains a firm commitment to their occupational health and safety. Golden Omega also fosters the conditions required for the development of all their members by promoting a work environment that is based on values such as respect and honesty, as well as professional quality, training and team work.
We maintain a firm commitment to contribute to overcome poverty and improve the living conditions of the population’s more vulnerable sectors by developing various initiatives in this direction.
Golden Omega leads the “Olas Zero Plástico” campaign, an initiative that seeks to raise awareness in the community about the serious impact caused by plastic waste on marine wildlife worldwide, as well as promoting recycling and cleaning activities that contribute to preserve the purity and life of the sea off the coast of northern Chile.
Click here for more information.