For Golden Omega, purity is paramount. Therefore, our operations are respectful of the environment and the ocean. This includes actions that go beyond what is required by regulation, as well as active cooperation with national organizations and authorities.
SUSTAINABILITY OF RESOURCES
Efficient and environmentally friendly operations
- We maintain an ongoing, long-term commitment to environmental protection and the sustainable management of resources. This includes actions that exceed compliance with current regulations, as well as active cooperation with national authorities and organizations.
- Golden Omega has complete traceability of our raw material (fish oil). Each of our raw material suppliers is certified by Marin Trust and Friend of the Seas certification programs as responsible in their source and production activities. Golden Omega is part of the Chain of Custody for both certifications.
- Golden Omega participates in the Dolphin Safe Program.
- Golden Omega has been performing an Environmental Monitoring Program since 2011 to ensure that its operation doesn’t leave any footprint into the sea.
- There is no oil waste in our production process: oil fractions that are not transformed into a finished good are sold as by-products for use in different industrial applications. We promote R&D activities to add even more value to our by-products.
The cleanest energy
for the purest product.
Golden Omega participates in Green-e™ Direct certification program, which certifies that 100% of the electric energy used in our operations is supplied from renewable power sources.
Green-e™ and its logo are registered trademarks of the Center for Resource Solutions.
Efficiency in fuel consumption and emission generation
Golden Omega uses liquefied gas as fuel in its steam boilers, generating a minimal impact on emissions compared to other fossil fuels.
Golden Omega has had a first-class liquid industrial waste treatment plant, with our effluents having contaminant levels orders of magnitude below what is allowed by current regulations. Pollutant levels are measured and analyzed monthly by a Technical Entity for Environmental Control authorized by the Superintendence of the Environment of the Government of Chile.
We invite you to see these analyzes here.
At Golden Omega we encourage the recovery of our waste and promote recycling. For this reason, we have incorporated green points for the recycling of plastic bottles, paper and cardboard in our production plant, allowing us to generate a culture of recycling.